Air & Space Power Journal
- Website for Air & Space Power Journal and its online-only companion, Chronicles Online Journal. Air & Space Power Journal is published quarterly as the professional flagship publication of the United States Air Force. It is designed to serve as an open forum for the presentation and stimulation of innovative thinking on military doctrine, strategy, tactics, force structure, readiness, and other matters of national defense. Air University Center for Strategy and Technology Publications
- Research conducted under the auspices of the Center is published as Occasional Papers and disseminated to senior military and political officials, think tanks, educational institutions, and other interested parties. Through these publications, the Center hopes to promote the integration of technology and strategy in support of U.S. national security objectives. Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center Bibliographies
- Listing of the Center's materials on current defense topics, with links to full-text articles and documents.
- A forum for professional thought on the art and science of land warfare, joint and combined matters, national and international security affairs, military strategy, military leadership and management, military history, military ethics, and other topics of significant and current interest to the US Army and the Department of Defense.
Strategic Studies Institute
- A strategic research center publishing downloadable papers, monographs, and books addressing current issues related to national security and strategy, defense policy, and various regional strategic issues.
The Research and Publications
division of the Asia Pacific Center produces a variety of publications covering the full range of security studies in their area of responsibility. Included are the "Asia Pacific Security Study Series", occasional papers, and monographs.
- a forum for the open exchange of ideas on military affairs. The publication focuses on concepts, doctrine and warfighting at the tactical and operational levels of war and supports the education, training, doctrine development and integration missions of the Combined Arms Center and the Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth. Combat Studies Institute
- A wide variety of publications are produced by the Institute including The Leavenworth Papers, books and other monographic studies.
Defence Academy Journal
- a forum for the discussion of the most topical issues of defence, development, and security. Its functions are: to help keep the educational curricula of the Academy's colleges at the cutting edge; to reinforce operational capability; and, to provide material to assist policymakers and decision takers working in the various fields pertaining to national security.
International Journal of Defense Acquisition Management
- Online defence acquisition management journal jointly published by Cranfield University at the Defence College of Management and Technology and the Acquisition Research Programme at the Graduate School of Business and Public Policy of the Naval Postgraduate School. Topics covered include acquisition and procurement policy; supply chain management; logistics, cost and project management; public budgeting and finance; engineering management; outsourcing; performance measurement; and through life capability management. Full text articles are available from 2008.
Selected Papers from the Advanced Research and Assessment Group
- Engaging practitioner and assessment communities worldwide, the Advanced Research and Assessment Group (ARAG) supplies educators, decision takers and policy staffs with focused and timely analysis of current and future national and international security issues.
AERADE Aerospace and Defence Portal
- access to key aerospace and defence information sources created worldwide, including websites, specialists databases, full text technical reports, engineering design data, conferences and news.
Acquisition Today Magazine
- a quarterly electronic newsletter designed to provide a "heads up" on important acquisition reform events and activities. Defense Acquisition Review Journal
- a triannual, refereed journal established to focus on the needs of acquisition professionals across disciplines, to serve as a tool for the fostering and dissemination of scholarly research relating to the acquisition community, to provide a platform for the exchange of policies and opinions, and to create a forum for debate and discussion of issues that directly affect the acquisition workforce. Defense AT & L Magazine
- serves as a vehicle for transmitting information on policies, trends, and current thinking affecting program management and defense acquisition, technology, and logistics. It is published bimonthly and continues the Program Manager magazine.Program Manager (PM) Magazine
- ceased publication with the September - December 2003 issue, when Defense AT & L began publication. This site provides the archives of Program Manager from 1994 - 2003. DAU Press Publications
- provides direct electronic access to many DAU publications.
-The ISN Security Watch service provides a comprehensive, unbiased, and independent news service every day of the week.
The ISN is jointly funded by the Swiss Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sports and ETH Zurich
and is a free public service that provides a wide range of high-quality and comprehensive products and resources to encourage the exchange of information among international relations and security professionals worldwide.
- The Hofheimer Lecture Series includes lectures yearly by former military or political leaders of national reputation and stature. Each of these leaders lectures, teaches, and writes about matters of national or international strategic importance.
The European Center For Security Studies (George C. Marshall Center) provides a family of publications, covering the full range of security studies. Almost all publications are available in English, German, and Russian.
- a quarterly journal covering European and Eurasian security and defense issues. What makes this journal unique is its regional connection via the Marshall Center alumni network. The topics covered in per Concordiam are brought to the Center by resident course graduates and the organizations in which they work today. In addition to contributions from alumni, per Concordiam is an internationally distributed journal open to outside contributors who wish to comment on matters of importance to European and Eurasian security and defense issues, including scholars, policy-makers, and practitioners.Marshall Center Occasional Paper Series
- provides a publication forum for research topics in the wide scope of political-military affairs. It offers up-to-date research information and analysis on the issues being discussed by scholars and security experts. Occasional Papers are written by Marshall Center faculty and research staff, Marshall Center alumni, and invited contributors.
Marshall Center Security Insights Series
- provides short articles that identify, explain, and put into context significant current defense and security issues. The series is aimed at the needs of political decision makers, their aides and others who are looking for concise summaries and analyses of current security topics.
Marshall Center Papers
- Scholarly monographs that contribute to a Europe and Eurasia that are democratic, free, undivided, and at peace in the 21st Century. The Papers focus on international security, defense management, civil-military relations, strategy formulation, arms control, peacekeeping, crisis management, and cooperative security.
leads the National Defense University Enterprise in publishing and disseminating vital and complex defense and national security scholarship in a variety of media to inform and influence defense and policy decisionmakers, as well as the joint professional military education community and interested public. A full-text searchable database
of all publications published by NDU Press is also available.
Joint Force Quarterly
- promotes understanding of the integrated employment of land, sea, air, space, and special operations forces. The journal focuses on joint doctrine, coalition warfare, contingency planning, combat operations conducted by the unified commands, and joint force development.
- a security studies journal published by the Center for Complex Operations to inform members of U.S. Federal Agencies, allies, and other partners on complex and integrated national security operations; reconstruction and nationbuilding; relevant policy and strategy; lessons learned; and developments in training and education to transform America's security and development apparatus to meet tomorrow's challenges better while promoting freedom today.
Institute for National Security Ethics and Leadership
- conducts inter-disciplinary research in the ethical and leadership dimensions of national and international security, including cross-disciplinary research with chaplains, military and civilian lawyers, and experts from other relevant disciplines exploring current and future challenges.
Africa Security Briefs
- published by the Africa Center for Strategic Studies to present analyses of critical security challenges facing Africa that generate practical insights on a topic or context as well as actionable recommendations for policymakers and practitioners.
Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies Publications
- repository for all academic publications on defense and security issues for the Western Hemisphere, including Security and Defense Studies Review, an interdisciplinary journal dedicated to promoting open and continuing dialogue about regional defense and security issues in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Current Journal Articles
- The Current Journal Articles (CJA) are published by the NDU Library as a current awareness service for staff, faculty and students. Each CJA has its own subject index using Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- produced by the Center for Contemporary Conflict, Strategic Insights offers timely, concise assessments of U.S. and international security issues.
Naval War College Review
- a forum for discussion of public policy matters of interest to the maritime services. The forthright and candid views of the authors are presented for the professional education of the readers. Articles published are related to the academic and professional activities of the Naval War College.
The Consortium provides a family of publications
, covering the full range of security studies, with the goal of promoting the exchange of ideas between authors and audiences across North America, Europe and Eurasia, in the spirit of the Partnership for Peace. Currently, this family includes:
Military Law Review
- the premier U.S. Armed Forces journal of military legal scholarship. The Review is "designed for use by military attorneys in connection with their official duties," and "provides a forum for those interested in military law to share the products of their experience and research."Military Legal Resources
- The U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Legal Center holds extensive collections of primary source materials and publications in the field of military law. Selections from these collections are being made available in full text PDF versions via the Library of Congress Federal Research Division. A complete list of these resources is available at this page.