What is MERLN?
MERLN (the Military Education Research Library Network) is a comprehensive website devoted to international military education outreach. It represents a consortium of military education research libraries that work together to provide access to a variety of unique electronic resources for the use of researchers and scholars.
MERLN’s extensive electronic resources include the following:
- Military Policy Awareness Links (MiPALs), which provide access to current U.S. Government policy statements on selected key topics, accompanied by additional resources that analyze the topic;
- Digital collections of full-text papers, lectures, and legislation;
- Links to worldwide military library catalogs;
- Links to military journals and publications; and
- Access (password controlled) to full text ejournals and reference tools.
The MERLN website is maintained by the National Defense University Library in Washington, D.C.